"Mr Over is dead. He died fighting and true. And on his tombstone they wrote Over To You." Stevie Smith
This edition has been created from one of the last paintings Howard Hodgkin painted in India before he died. The naming was prophetic and its apparent pure simplicity belies the complexity within. It required the application of 34 silkscreen colours to create this extraordinary work.
This edition is authorised by the artist's estate and certified by the embossed artist's initials H.H. and accompanied by a certificate of authenticity, signed by the publisher and the two estate executors. A hand-printed silkscreen in 34 colours with torn and sponged edges.
- Edition of 75 prints plus 15 A.P's.
- Paper and image – 280 x 355mm (14 1/4 x 16 1/2 inches).
- Printed on 300gsm Somerset white satin cotton paper.
- Embossed (H.H.) bottom right, numbered bottom left in pencil.
- Printed and published by King & McGaw – East Sussex.
Framed in a fully archival white wash ash slip frame, float mounted on 100% cotton core board and glazed with museum quality non-reflective and UV filtered glass.